From:
Jane Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 1994 09:32:05 EDT
The National Museum of American History has a Gender Equity task force
who have been dealing with gender equity in exhibitions for about four
years...the result of a Gender Perspectives Seminar at the Smithsonian
in March, 1990. (See book just out, GENDER PERSPECTIVES: ESSAYS ON WOMEN
IN MUSEUMS, Smithsonian Press). They produced a slide program about
the subject. Claudia Kidwell was the chair, Edith Mayo is their
women's issues person, and Barbara Clark Smith did an exhibition
on gender in clothing. All three are curators at MAH. The zip code
for MAH is 20560. I can give you phone numbers if you want, but I don't
know their E-mail numbers.    Jane Glaser (I can also tell you how to
order the book if you can't find it in a bookstore).