From:
Keni Sturgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:07:34 -0700
While the idea of designated seating or a special private or family area may sound like a good idea, as at least two list members have mentioned, check your state's legislation on this subject carefully.

Having worked in at least one state where women have the right to breast feed in anywhere in public, you can not ask them to move, regardless of if your institution has set aside a specific area for this activity.  To do so, under such circumstances not only opens you up to protests, but to potential law suits for violating the rights.

Just my thoughts on Saturday.
Keni Sturgeon
Jensen Arctic Museum
Monmouth, OR