From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:37:14 -0600
Lucy Skjelstad wrote:

> Bob Handy,
>     The 'mysterious' posting was from an Orrie Crews. It had a very
> large attachment.  I didn't get just one, but two identical copies.
> After clogging my incoming mail for one evening, eventually my computer
> downloaded it, but then I was unable to open the attachment.
>     This is similar to the pre-Christmas posting with a large attachment
> which had similar (and also inconsistent) effect on other
> Museum-Lers....
>     Listen up, please, all you out there --we should all avoid sending
> anything with lengthy attachments.  I suspect most people won't be
> inclined to read them anyway.
>
> Lucy Skjelstad
I remember the pre-Christmas one.  I have also received things like
complete family histories--like two hundred years worth--as attachments
that take forty-five minutes to load.  Don't really appreciate those.  I
would guess the one you just received came to you exclusively.  Any idea
what it was about?
--
Bob Handy, Director
Brazoria County Historical Museum