From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:06:31 -0500
We have "touching tables" in each of our galleries which has examples of
objects as well as raw materials that people (I used to say children, but I
always got the response "and parents, too!") can handle and in some cases
try on (like our sealskin mukluks).   The objects and material is keyed to
the specific culture area (Woodlands, Plains, etc.).   Most of the objects
are less-than-museum quality, but still Native made.  The materials include
various types of animal fur and skin, bone, turquoise, wild rice,
rattlesnake skin, etc.

Feel free to contact me directly for more information.

janice

Janice Klein
Director, Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
www.mitchellmuseum.org <http://www.mitchellmuseum.org>