From:
Harry Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:10:52 -0500
I applaud the establishment of programs such as this. The University of
British Columbia offered a master's degree in cultural administration.
Unfortunately, I believe it fell victim to cutbacks.

I think Tricia is right; this IS the program of the future. It is certainly
true that MBA and MPA programs each have their pros and cons, but something
like the program described should provide the right kinds of training, while
not being rejected out of hand by the more traditional museum managers.

Harry Needham
Special Advisor - Programme Development
Canadian War Museum
330 Sussex Drive,
Ottawa, Canada
K1A 0M8
Voice: (819) 776-8612  Fax (819) 776-8623
Email: [log in to unmask]