From:
Robert Guralnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 14:21:47 PDT
>We are just starting an overview of museums in Holland. You can find
>the first set-up on: http://www.nl.net/~alreg

        That is a fantastic idea!  Actually organizing and
arranging information on the Web is a mammoth task and one that
needs to be done.

        Since this message is part of the thread about technical
questions concerning Web set up, I want to throw in my two cents
concerning the issue.  I think that museum-l has proven to be
a very effective forum for announcing technological innovations
and creations, and should be used for that purpose.  Right now,
the museum WWW is small enough that is does not warrant its own
list.  Get a hold of the people who deal with these issues via
email, make an alias if you must.  I can foresee a day when people
who design museum WWW's will need their own list, but lets wait
till we have reached some sort of criticality.  I do not think
we are there yet!

Cheers,

Robert Guralnick   | Museum of Paleontology   | University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720 | [log in to unmask] | (510) 642-9696