From:
SBC Museum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:04:17 -0500
Dear Heidi,

If you want something that promises to be really nuts and bolts, I've
ordered a
copy of this DVD for my own museum class this semester.  It hasn't yet
arrived,
so I can't speak to specifics, but I think it will be really worthwhile (and
yes, I am dying to see what MoMA's storage facilities are like!).  Here is the
"blurb," including ordering information if it looks like something that would
be useful for you.
Have you ever wanted to go behind the scenes to view how organizations as
diverse as MoMA and the American Folkart Museum store their valuable
collections?  Have you ever wondered how top registrars and conservators
deal with tight budgets, limited space or problematic artifacts in storage?

By popular demand, The Exhibition Alliance, in partnership with The Upstate
Institute of Colgate University, has produced an educational DVD on best
practices in fine art storage.  The DVD covers a wide range of art and
artifact types, including those most commonly held by exhibiting
institutions of all sizes.  Divided into easy-to-use sections, and
containing more than 2 hours of interviews and demonstration by
professionals, this DVD will provide you with answers about your storage
questions and challenges, and give you useful tips to achieve a high-quality
storage environment for a wide range of budgets.

Best Practices in Fine Art Storage, Volume 1, responds to requests from the
field for instructional materials on proper art storage, techniques, and
practices.  It was developed in response to survey results in which New York
State art institutions, both large and small, answered questions regarding
their fine art storage facilities and needs. More than 60% of respondents
stated the need for these instructional materials.

The DVD will be available for shipment in January 2006.  Order your copy now
for significant savings!
Retail price for the 2 DVD set will be $75 (including shipping).
Advance orders (received prior to December 31, 2005) are $65 ­ a $10
discount.
Advance orders for members of The Exhibition Alliance are just $55 ­ a $20
savings.
Even better? add a copy of our Basic Art Handling video for just $25 more!

All best,
Christian
--
Christian Carr