Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:03:06 -0600
     I beleive there is an article in either "Museum" or "Museum News"
     about this exhibit also.

Subject: Re: SERVANT vs. SLAVE
Author:  VDCJEFF <[log in to unmask]> at IMA
Date:    2/27/98 4:55 PM

I just saw a wonderful exhibit about the slave trade organized and circulated
by McKissick Museum, the University of South Carolina.  The exhibit is in
Pittsburgh now but I'm sure it will be travelling to a city near you.

The exhibit is called The Middle Passage.  The artist is Tom Feelings.  The
pictures tell the story about the agonzing story of African slaves crossing
the Atlantic.  I do not want to say too much about the exhibit because you
must see it for yourself.  It really is worth it and it sums up the African
slave's personal journey in a very poignant and heart-felt way.

There is also a book available with the pictures from the exhibit.  The book
is called The Middle Passage by Tom Feelings.  Even if you do not decide to
buy the book (which I already did) go to the bookstore and look through it.  I
promise that you will be glad that you did.

Please do let me know any thoughts.