From:
Fiona Kinsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:27:57 -0400
Hello,
I am working on an exhibition for Museum Victoria, Australia, in which we hope to show short excerpts from a variety of Hollywood released films on a compilation video. I am aware that I must have a licence to use this material but I have had difficulty in resolving copyright clearance for the material we have selected to use - the process of researching copyright ownership and negotiating licenses is a complex one!
Has anyone had experience in researching copyright ownership, negotiating copyright licences and securing access to source material for Hollywood produced films? Is there an organisation in the US that provides copyright licensing and access services that you could recommend?

I will appreciate your comments, thanks!

Fiona Kinsey
Project Co-ordinator
Metropolis 2021
Museum Victoria