From:
"Robert A. Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:25:34 -0500
Before you give this stuff away find out what the sword is. Some swords are
really valuable. The odds are it is a factory sword worth a couple hundred
dollars...but it might be really good in which case you would wish to have
it auctioned or sold back to the Japanese for thousands. Remember the blade
is the important part. Frankly I cannot appraise the blade for you...I can
tell a good one from a bad one but cannot tell you a great blade from a
good blade. You might also look at the rifle..the l;ate war guns are
relatively inexpensive..but there are some rare ones....hope this is of
help