From:
Art Preservation Services <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:49:11 -0500
Micki,
There are three books that you may find helpful.  They are available from
some conservation suppliers and/or Archetype publications (which you can
find on the web).  As Dave Harvey indicates, this is a complicated area for
research as things change frequently.  I would start with the Hatchfield
reference and move down from there depending on how deep you want to get
into this topic.

Hatchfield, P. 2002.  Pollutants in the Museum Environment: Practical
Strategies for Problem Solving in Design, Exhibition, and Storage. London:
Archetype Publications.

Tetrault, J. 2003 Airborne Pollutants in Museums, Galleries, and Archives:
Risk Assessment, Control Strategies and Preservation Management.  Ottowa:
Canadian Conservation Institute.

Grzuwacz. C. 2006.  Monitoring for Gaseous Pollutants in Museum
Environments: Tools for Conservation.  Los Angeles, Getty Conservation
Institute.

Best,
Rachael Perkins Arenstein
Conservator