From:
Zoe Keefer-Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:47:41 -0500
The Museums of Old York is seeking interested and qualified students for our
2009 Elizabeth Perkins Fellowship Program. This program, now in its
twenty-first year, was founded to provide students interested in
establishing museum and cultural academic careers with the opportunity to
conduct meaningful research and present it in a public forum. In addition,
Fellows serve as educational interpreters for Old York's eight historic
buildings.

In the past the most successful Fellows have been those who are
self-starters, highly motivated, and who seek to gain professional
experience and growth during an intense and rewarding period of residency.

The Fellowship is open to graduate and upper level undergraduate students
pursuing museum, preservation, or academic careers. Selection is very
competitive, with four Fellowships being awarded each year. Academic credit
may be arranged through the applicant's school.

Elizabeth Perkins Fellows arrive for introductory training on Tuesday, May
26, 2007. The Fellowship Symposium takes place on Monday, August 17, 2009.

For information and an application please check out our website at
www.oldyork.org under education.

Zoe Keefer-Norris
Education Coordinator

Museums of Old York