From:
Christine Mouw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 12:11:27 -0400
>>> Kathy Rapp <[log in to unmask]> - 6/10/96 7:59 PM >>>
hi all  :0

no job,  need fast $$ while in college?

well
1) walk up to a construction site,
2) a restaurant under construction or one that will be opening in a
few months
3) clean someone's house once a week
4) become a bartender
5)  wait tables
6) telemarket

many of these are temporary jobs and will earn you quick $$.  nothing
glamerous(sp).  but most construction sites and new store openings
need short term help.  even if it is only for a few weeks.

the other jobs can all be worked on a VERY partime basis.  and very
flexable hours.  Pizza places,  McDonalds and the like,  that use
young help need people to work weekends.

and as for the room at the hotel,  well you can always go to a
cheaper place.
 you don't have to stay where the conference is.  also you can easily
get 9 people in a room with 2 double beds.  yes that does mean
sleeping on the floor,  but it sure is a lot cheaper.

and in the field you all are planning on going in,  well it really
helps to be innovative some times.  and college is a good place to
learn.

kathy. experienced model maker looking for work

One other way to go is to volunteer.  While I was in grad school I
went to a regional conference as a volunteer and got in for free.  I
helped stuff packets and envelopes and was a gopher, but I think I
met more people doing that than if I had been at some cocktail party.
 True, I still had to pay for a room and for my meals, but it was
doable.