From:
"Dr. Abdullah Alsharekh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:53:16 +0300
Dear Beth and the List,

One point should be clear to all those who read my post, and the subsequent
replies, mainly by Beth Tischler, regarding my post. My post was not
political, or meant to enter into a discussion about the Middle East,
because this is not the place, and I would consider myself, not the person
to grasp these matters thoroughly.
My whole point was about the humanitarian situation in Palestine and the
destruction of cultural landmarks, which was not commented on.

Some may find any criticism of Israel is a taboo, but I think  people should
be honest with themselves when it comes to the degrading of human life, and
the destruction of cultural landmarks. Remember the immense reaction against
the Taliban destruction of the Bamian statues!

I have all respect for other religions, and the Jews are especially most
aware about Muslim tolerance in Spain over 700 years ago.

Beth, bringing an article or two does not constitute a reliable source,
since we see the horrors on live TV.

Abdullah