From:
Helen Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 23:09:40 -0700
At 11:55 AM 5/21/96, Leslie Johnston wrote:
we are
>looking for a commercial Mac-based system.
>
>We need to be able to track tour topics and which docents are expert in which
>topics, track the availability of docents, and schedule tours and school
>outreach programs.  We also need to be able to generate forms for teachers to
>request programs or tours, as well as to generate confirmation forms.  We also
>need to capture statistics, maintain multiple mailing lists, and generate
>mailing
>labels.

I think you should look into FileMaker Pro from Claris. We use it for many
purposes and the newest edition is even more valuable. With a little work,
you can create many forms, do your statistics, many mailing lists and the
programme is able to do labels as well.

I personally use the same software for my small business and have also used
it for a school reunion which I recently organized. It does all I need and
I have been very pleased with it.

It is also very easy to set up and learn the basics. There are also User
Groups who are willing to share their expertise with anyone.

If you need any further information, let me know.

Helen Edwards,  Victoria, B.C. Canada
Owner, Bed Buddies - Toy makers
Coordinator: Sir James Douglas Reunion Committee
e-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Web page: http://www.islandnet.com/~helen