From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 19:48:01 -0700
Hi, Erin --

The most logical place to start to find assistance, information about grants, microfilming or other preservation services is the Texas State Library and Archives.  Here's a link to their site:

http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/

Many states have regrant programs specifically for local government records.  The State Archives or the Secretary of State's office is the normal starting point for information.

For more information about things archival in the Arlington area, I'd recommend a campus resource - the Special Collections and Archives at the UT-A Library.  Here's a contact who made be able to help.  Frequently public libraries and academic libraries form partnerships to preserve important local resources and make the accessible to a variety of publics.  Special Collections Depts. often mount exhibits as well.

McClurkin, Brenda
Manuscript Collections Archivist 	(817) 272-7512 	[log in to unmask]

While I'm sure there are a variety of commercial vendors out there who can help with aspects of your request, I am not familiar with any firms that would provide the public access to the City Council Minutes -- that's a library or archives function.

Judy Turner
Whitefish Bay, WI