From:
"REYNOLDS, Trevor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:01:42 +0100
Here in the UK (where we don't use the term resume at all and where we
use the term CV to cover everything of that type) I would expect a CV to
be a basic education and employment history (plus the usual personal
stuff like age, address, nationality, driving licence).  I would only
want to see the employer's name & address, job title, start and end
date, reason for leaving and no more than a short sentence describing
the job (possibly the final salary).  Obviously the more jobs/courses
you've done the longer this will be.  A list of articles/books published
might also be appropriate but I would expect this to be limited to those
that were relevant for the job you are applying for.

I would then expect a covering letter which pulled out the parts of your
experience which were relevant to the job you were applying for.
Ideally this would be linked to each element of the job description
supplied by the employer and presented in the same order.  I would not
expect this to be much longer than two pages.