From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:26:13 -0600
Hi Michelle et al.:

        At Joslyn Art Museum, our admissions desks are staffed by some people
who cross-posted -- based on personality and temperament -- between the
Protection Department and Visitor Services (which falls within the
Marketing & Public Relations Department).  When performing duties for
the Protection Department, they are called "Protection Officers"; hence,
when at the admissions desk they are called "Admissions Desk Officers."
They perform cashier functions (collecting admission fees and sell
memberships) and provide information to visitors . . . but they also
ensure Protection Department policies are followed.
        It is logical to me, considering your title is Admissions Supervisor,
that the staff under your supervision be called "Admissions Assistants,"
"Greeters" or "Hosts."  ("Greeters" and "Hosts," even though the
implication is that they do nothing but welcome visitors, can be
responsible for collecting admission fees.)

Sincerely,

Jay Heuman, Visitor & Volunteer Services Coordinator
Joslyn Art Museum, 2200 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE, 68102
342-3300 (telephone)     342-2376 (fax)
http://www.joslyn.org