From:
Christa McCay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:23:53 -0400
Hello All,

Let me start by explaining our museum's situation.  We were one museum
in one location then took over the collection of another museum not to
far from ours.  The recently acquired collection had its own numbering
system and collections policy.  Also recently acquired collection is
not and will not be stored with the first collection because they are
two separate sites under one umbrella. The recently acquired
collection has a different area of collecting focus deals with federal
government loans, that the first collection does not.  Eventually the
second site will have its own collections staff along with the
collections staff of the first location and both will report to one
head collections person.

So my question is should I have just one collections policy that
covers both places or should I continue with two that have similar
sections but are not the same.

Sincerely,

Christa McCay, M.H.P.
Registrar