From:
Tom Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 20:35:20 +0000
Betsy, et al:

In case the Missouri address turns out not to be what you are looking
for, there is another "National Association for Interpretation" in the
United States (in fact, I never heard of the one in MO). It is a
professional organization of natural and cultural heritage interpreters
in the US and includes members in Canada and other nations.

This NAI is located at:
                        528 S. Howes Street
  (P. O. Box 1892)
  Fort Collins, CO 80521
  USA
  Phone: (970) 484-8283
  FAX: (970)484-8179

Publications include NAI News, Legacy, The Journal of Interpretation
and newsletters published by each of the ten geographic regions.
In addition, there are a number of interest sections:
  African American Experience
  Council for American Indian Interpretation
  Cultural Interpretation and Living History
  Nature Center Directors/Administrators
  Resource Interpretation - Heritage Tourism
  Visual Communications
  Zoo, Wildlife Parks and Aquaria

For more information, take a look at the NAI-LINK Website
<http://www.nai-link.org/>, sponsored at present by Region
7 of NAI, or contact...
  Dr. Tim Merriman
  Executive Director

NAI is not itself a site-managing entity, which may explain its
absence from the AAM Directory. Nonetheless, many museum folk
are in the ranks of the membership and more would be welcome...
we have a lot in common.

I hope this is helpful in terms of your original query.

Tom

--

Tom Vaughan    "The Waggin' Tongue"
<[log in to unmask]>   (970) 533-1215