From:
Bob Timmers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:31:43 -0600
Hi,

I'm Bob Timmers, from Wisonsin , curator of the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.
Right now we are an on-line only historial site but plan to open a small
museum in middle Tennessee next spring.

Our content is the roots of rock and roll music. That window of time when
bluegrass, gospel, blues and hillbilly music all came together to create
America's rock music.  We feature artists like: Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis,
Rick Nelson, Buddy Holly, Bill Haley and hundreds of others (lessor known
names) that helped shape the music.

Our site is the #1 net site for for rockabilly music, used by schools,
colleges and the media for reference.  We help supply some of those photos
you might see on a retro VH-1 or TNN special.

Not only do we feature the "name veteran performers," but dig deep to find
obscure sidemen, musicians, songwriters, producers and record labels that
all helped shape the the music created in the 1950s.  Many traditional
country music performers are also included in this mix.

We hope to gather display pieces for our proposed museum and continue to
search for early musicians who deserve recognition.  We do all this at no
charge to the artists ... just a love of the music and the influences it
has brought to America and world-wide culture.

If anyone has suggestions on helping us finding appropriate sponsors, knows
where an old famous guitar is sitting, or has any information about a
long-fogotten pioneer rock and country music performer, please let us know.
Our site, with over 700 internal URLs, receives about 2500 hits per day.

We would also like to link with other related, on and off net, museums to
our pages.

Thank you and hope you will accept us as part of this discussion group.

Bob & Sonja Timmers   (yes, a husband and wife team)
http://www.rockabillyhall.com
Rockabilly Hall of Fame
PO Box 70
Kimberly, WI 54136