From:
Fred Carey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 15:39:54 GMT
We are a Canadian of non-profit society, interested in preserving the
history of Radio through interactive displays and workshops. We are 2
years old, and so far, we have established a collection of Marine,
Military, Broadcast, Commercial, Amateur, Spark, Domestic, You-Name-It
Radios, housed in a building with 4800 square feet of gallery space.
We would like to hear from other museums who are also interested in
radio, as we are all professional working stiffs, and all very new to
the museum world. Our success has taken us by surprise, and we really
want to "continue to do it right". We have a lot of support from local
museums, but we are the only "Radio Museum" in Western Canada, that is
open to the public.
We have over 200 members this year.

We also have plenty of .gifs if anyone wants a view, as a web site is
in the making.

Thanks for your interest.
Fred G. Carey
Chairman
Society for the Preservation of Antique Radio in Canada
(SPARC Radio  Museum)