From:
Lucille J Stiger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 1994 16:39:00 CDT
Users of Mimsy and Multi Mimsy

On August 24, 1994, Willoughby Associates, the maker of MIMSY
collections management software, sent a fax to users of MIMSY
Version 4.0 and 4.01A which run on Oracle Version 6. The fax
stated that a bug (data corruption when adding and/or updating
records) exists in Oracle 6. and that it would not be fixed
because of ORACLE's decision not to support Version 6 for Dos
beyond December 31, 1994. Willoughby is giving us the option of
upgrading to MULTI MIMSY or SNAP! for Windows at our expense.

What I would like to know is what those of you who are currently
using MIMSY 4.0 or 4.01A are going to do? Are you planning to
upgrade to MULTI MIMSY or SNAP! for Windows? I am interested in
knowing how you feel about all this. We have only been using
Mimsy 4.0 for two years and were somewhat dismayed at the
information concerning the bug.

Also, I would like to hear from those of you who are currently
using MULTI MIMSY. We are interested in evaluating this product
and want to know how you like it. What are its strengths and
weaknesses? Are you satisfied with the product? I am especially
interested in the ease of customization of in-house reports and
forms.

Please respond to me at [log in to unmask] Thank you in
advance for your time.
Lucille Stiger
Elvehjem Museum of Art
University of Wisconsin - Madison