From:
Rose Marie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 11:37:59 -0500
Megan Bryant:

You will find information on various digital cameras in any
of the major computer magazines or catalogs.  Kodak and
PCComputer Magazine have web sites that you can access
through  search; the Kodak site has information and prices
re: their various digital cameras.  Please keep in mind that
you will need a very good color printer with high resolution
to have a satisfactory image produced--Epson has received
very high ratings with their color ink jet.  The new CD
recorders are an excellent way to record photograph
collections and still give good public access.  GATEWAY 2000
will install the CD recorder on new orders--Gateway Web Page:
http://www.gw2000.com--and prices are becoming very
affordable.

Rose Marie Martin, Administrator
Germanna Foundation
PO Box 693
Culpeper, VA  22701
E Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Web Page: http://www.summit.net/GERMANNA/
Phone: 540-825-1496    Fax:  540-825-6572 & 3878
--- On Fri, 20 Dec 1996 19:00:41 -0500  [log in to unmask]
wrote:

>Please forgive me if this is a question that has been asked
before....

>I recently heard about a type of camera that can be hooked
up directly to a
>computer and used to shoot images of collection items and
load them directly
>into a database - without the annoying process of scanning
and downloading.