From:
Marissa C Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 21:22:54 EST
Hi Vivian.  After reading Allison's message and your response I'd love to
"eavesdrop" on your off-list conversation about collections policies.  I'm a
director of a small museum and 2-years new to the museum industry.  I was
orginally offered the director's position because of my fundraising
background, but I quickly learned that my organization was sorley lacking in
knowledge and expertise of "museum stuff."

We completed our MAP I earlier this year and collections was our biggest
weakness -- and everything I've learned about the subject (which isn't much)
was provided by our MAP I reviewer.

So, I don't know enough to ask any specific questions at this time, but would
love to hear your recommendations.  If it's OK with both you and Allison,
could you cc me your communications?

Many thanks!

Marissa C. Weaver
Executive Director