From:
Riva Feshbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 13:16:18 -0600
Rebecca,
Although my situation is somewhat different, perhaps my experience can
be of some help.  I run the DePaul University Art Gallery, and unlike many
univ. galleries, our focus is CURATED exhibitions of art from all historical
periods.

In all honesty, the art department here is not my greatest user.  English
and history are probably my greatest users, esp. for the 100 level
compostional writing/world civ. kinds of classes.  Maybe you could think
about targeting these kinds of programs at your univ.  You could also
look into any offices/programs at the univ. that are focused on "diversity"
issues.  Also, sometimes the related programming draws more people
than the exhibition itself.  Goofy but true.  And unfortunately, cheerful
badgering is important.

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to respond.  I hope it's some help.

Riva Feshbach
Curator
DePaul University Art Gallery