From:
Anne Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:00:54 +0200
Amy, if the loaned tea set does not belong to you, you would have to
receive the lender's consent before doing any conservation work on it,
regardless of whether you want to spend money on it or not. It probably
wouldn't hurt to ask the owners if they want to pay for the work, since
it is to their benefit anyway. If they balk, that might be a good time
to consider suggesting conversion of the long term loan, which is a bad
idea, into a gift, which is a good idea.
Hope this is helpful.
Anne

Anne T. Lane, Collections Manager
Charlotte Museum of History
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte NC 28215
704-568-1774, ext 110
Fall Featured Events and Exhibits:Hands-on-History: Harvest Fun!
Saturday - September 10, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Revelry & Revolution: An 18th Century Dinner-Theater Experience -
Saturday, September 24, 6:00-10:00 p.m.Faces & Stories Exhibit Opening -
Saturday, October 22, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Haunted Homesite - Saturday, October 29, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Civil War Lantern Tour - Saturday, November 5, 6:00-10:00 p.m.Kites to
Kitty Hawk, on exhibit until September 2005Faces & Stories: A Portrait
of Southern Writers on exhibit October 2005-January 2006Solving the Rock
House Mysteries, now on exhibit
For information on these and all other events, please call (704)
568-1774 or visit us online at www.charlottemuseum.org