From:
Maria Lizzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 20:48:58 -0500
In a message dated 96-02-12 14:39:31 EST,  Patricia Davis-Perkins wrote:

>I do not think that BOB VILLA should be the target of our anger.
>The man is not a museologist.  He is trained in home renovating
>AND NOT home preservation.  I think that comments should be
>directed towards those  individuals who failed to properly inform
>their guest about the "house rules" most probably at the
>insistence of their $SUPERIORS$.

While I agree that Vila is probably not totally to blame,  I happen to be on
hand when he was reminded not to touch at Olana.  Also, the "please do not
touch" signs which grace the front enterance were not removed and were kept
clearly in sight.  We expect school children, who are not trained in home
preservation, to obey this simple rule after they have had a gentle reminder.
 It stands to reason that, as an adult,  Bob Vila could as well.  Maybe if
his mom came along next time...

Maria Lizzi
(mere) Interpreter (no clout), Olana, NYS Parks and Rec