From:
Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 09:02:20 -0600
I think many of the points that Steve made are very valid.  Certainly she
should keep in mind that she gave many hours and had a very beneficial
experience.
However, Belinda should not be held accountable for her friend's actions
except for the innocent decision to bring him.  She could have avoided the
bad feel by going by herself to say goodbye.  In most employee/employer
relationships, it seems preferable for the employee to appear alone.
She now faces a situation where needs to smooth this situation over as she
leaves town. She may be able to move the ending focus back to herself by
dropping the curator a thank you note and mentioning again that she is
moving.  I would omit any reference to the ending to the last meeting and
any reference to the friend.