From:
lisa falk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 12:13:18 -0600
On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Murph the Surf wrote:

> I appreciate the advantage of working at a museum for free (and I've
> done it as a volunteer). What I don't quite understand is why the
> school should get paid for the credits as well. The director of my NYU
> program had the nerve to ask me to register and pay for my internship
> credits a semester before I was going to do the internship. That was
> after she suggested I look for an advisor at another, public,
> university for my thesis.

When I did my internship as part of GWU's Museum Education program I did
pay the credit hours, part of which was later transfered to my internship
supervisor at the museum.  Believe me, she appreciated the extra funds in
her budget (I think it was about half of what I paid the university for the
credits).

Lisa Falk