Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 23:00:38 GMT

> > > I was wondering if anyone on this list could help me with a research
> > > project?  I am interested in finding the names of collecting
> > > institutions which were started by women.  I have a partial list which
> > > includes:

I did not see your first list.  However, the new Museum, Women of the West
Museum in Boulder Colorado was started by women- and about women.  Also, the
Denver Art Museum began with a woman's group lead by Anne Evans, daughter of
former governor, John Evans back in 1894.(?)  In addition, the Molly Brown
House got its incetive from Anne Love, wife of former governor, John Love in
1970. Today, the Museum is run by a woman, Leigh Grinstead.

Elizabeth Walker
Molly Brown House Museum