From:
Colin Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:45:12 -0800
Good news! No need to reinvent the wheel!

The military living history and re-enacting hobby has spawned businesses
making excellent replicas of clothing, food packaging, equipment etc. of
WWII and other periods. The following links take you to Polar Bear
Enterprises in the UK. They reproduce WWII PAPER ITEMS such as a variety of
U.S. can labels (beans, pineapple, muffin mix, SPAM, potatoes, beef &
vegetable), Hershey chocolate bar wrappers, Wrigley's gum wrappers (what is
a US serviceman without his gum?!).

http://www.polarbear-enterprises.co.uk/

http://www.polarbear-enterprises.co.uk/Paperwork/page37.html Food labels and
wrappers

http://www.polarbear-enterprises.co.uk/Paperwork/page39.html  Cigarettes &
matches.

Here are some links to suppliers for military replicas (and originals) for
living history and re-enactments. http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/sources.htm

Links to some living history and re-enacting groups are on the following
page of my personal web site. http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/linksfor.htm  Those
sites will have links to even more suppliers.

Good luck!

Colin Macgregor Stevens
Curator
Burnaby Village Museum
City of Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Museum web site:
http://www.burnabyparksrec.org/villagemuseum/villagemuseum.html

The opinions expressed above are my own.