From:
Katie Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:57:26 -0500
I don't know about publications but I can tell you that our town is about
the same size in northwest Georgia and our membership hovers at around 250.
I'm encouraged by your numbers!  We have not had a true membership drive
before (only 8 years old).  We also do nothing to bring back inactive
members.  I'm a staff of one and have other priorities right now.  We have a
new board member who is going to be working on this.

I'm curious to hear what museums in other towns of this size have in the way
of membership and visitation.

Katie

-----------

Katie Anderson

Museum Director

Rome Area History Museum

305 Broad Street

Rome, GA 30161

706-235-8051

cell 678-908-7751

fax 706-235-6631

www.RomeHistoryMuseum.com

-----------

As a partner of the Library of Congress Veterans History Project, we are
coordinating an oral history project with World War II veterans and
civilians in northwest Georgia.  It is vital that we preserve these stories.
Please contact the Museum to schedule interviews.  This project is supported
in part by a grant from the Georgia Humanities Council.

Our timely new exhibit "Before the Hanging Chad: Early Voter Registration"
explores the changes in voting restrictions since the birth of our Nation
and ending with the Voting Rights Act of 1965.  Highlights include the
struggles of non-property owners, women, and African-Americans to gain
voting rights.  Runs through November 27, 2004.