From:
Henry Grunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 08:55:48 EDT
Cellulose nitrate mass hysteria has resulted in the wanton
destruction of many valuable and (by definition) irreplaceable
images. Part of this mass hysteria has been the disinclination
to understand the differences between cine film and sheet film,
and between film showing decomposition and that not. (By the
way, I believe that the terminology is "spontaneous," not
"simultaneous," combustion.)

According to Michael McColgin: