From:
Jonathan Bowen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 10:25:32 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
>Can anyone help with the following?
>
>Is there one comprehensive list of all French museums which have web sites?

Try:

  http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/archive/other/museums/world.html#France

This is part of the Virtual Library museums pages (VLmp). As
countries have enough museums and network infrastructure (and
most importantly, an enthusiatic individual), individual
countries are maintining their own lists as part of VLmp. This
has happened for Canada, Spain, Sweden and the UK. I would
welcome volunteeres from France and other countries to join the
project.

>Is there one wwhich lists basic information on each museum, such as address,
>phone, fax, hours?

Yes for the Netherlands (in English) and Denmark (in Danish).
I would encourge other countries to do this. Please send URLs
for other countries if known for possible inclusion in VLmp.

>Has anyone compiled such a list with email addresses for each?

The MDA have an email list for UK museums (see the VLmp contacts
page).

>Beyond France, has this been done for museums worldwide?
>I do have the Directory from the AAM, and I am able to find a list of Paris
>museums, but not for all museums throughout France--or worldwide.

I hope the above information helps.
--
Jonathan Bowen   Email: [log in to unmask]  Tel: +44-1734-316544
The University of Reading, Department of Computer Science