From:
elizabeth Nora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:49:48 EDT
Hi. I have been asked to clarify my question regarding exhibition materials.
  I will instead start over.  I have recently accepted a position as
Assistant Director in a mid-sized historical society in Ohio.  We maintain a
historic home, with the first floor interpreted for its Arts and Crafts
architecture.  The second floor and lower level are exhibitions on local
history (of counties within Northeast Ohio--in what is called the Mahoning
Valley.) Some galleries are for temporary exhibits.  In two of these
galleries I must develop and install and exhibition called "Keeping House:
Contraptions and Contrivances of a Difficult Job."  The exhibit will look at
the history of housewifery in the area, placing it into a national context.
We will go from around 1800-present.  I am new to the position and I have
only two months to bring this all together before it opens on December 1.
Unfortunately, not much has been done at all.  Though past exhibitions here
have been well done, I am hoping to present exhibits in a new and different
way.  Unfortunately, we have a very small exhibits budget.  I am searching
for exhibit fabrication ideas that are new but can be done on a limited
budget.  I am searching for any and all ideas. I am interested in new ways
to develop labels, display artifacts, etc.  I am interested mostly in
fabrication ideas.  Thanks.

Elizabeth J. Nohra
Mahoning Valley Historical Society