Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 13:34:13 -0400
A.V. wrote:

> > <BIG snip).... police swarmed around them
> > arresting another artist, Peggy Hung, and a bicycle activist who
> > asked the police why he couldn t ride on the eastern side of
> > Broadway. <another BIG snip>
>
> Bicycle activist????
>
> What next? Ice cream cone activism?
>
> AV

Is this sort of comment neccessary??  I am once again wondering why
people on this list feel the need to be so nasty to one another.I'm sure
no disrespect was mean't by this comment, but I am concerned about the
rather mean tone alot of these discussions take.
Disagreement is great, part of the point is to share different ideas
with one another. I'm not asking for a pollyanna discussion, just a
little respect for one another.

 For the record, a bicycle activist is someone who advocates safer, more
accessable streets to ride in. I became an advocate after my husband was
forced off the road by a car (who left the scene), had to have major
surgery and lost three months of work.The police wouldn't even take a
statement from him.

T. Cranner
International Catacombs Society