From:
"Meyersburg, David (PEB)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:52:12 -0500
Susan,

More likely that ethical and appearance issues will rear their ugly heads. We have been doing antique ID's but no appraisals at our system service center for 20 years. By putting in vendors, you raise serious confusion over where the items are coming from.... "surely you're not deaccessioning these things, dearie?"

Dave Meyersburg
New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
Chief of Historic Sites Exhibits
Peebles Island Resource Center
Waterford, New York 12188-0209
518/237-8643 extension 3228