From:
Suzanne Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:17:04 -0700
 This is why your rental agreement needs to spell out what sort of
 rights you have for display etc. If the display windows are not rented
 but are there per a verbal agreement of use at the owners discretion
 then you have no footing to complain over their restrictions. If you
 rent them then look over the agreement. When it comes time to renew the
 lease I would highly suggest that your organization address this issue
 at that time. The only way to ensure that the museum will have autonomy
 over its content in this situation is to have the limitations spelled
 out in the contract. Depending on your state of residence renters rights
 vary when not specified in a contract. Get it in writing every time
 should be the rule that guides you.

 ---
 Suzanne Reed