From:
cschartman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 1998 14:32:19 +0100
Internship Opportunity:  New England Folklife Center Archives

The New England Folklife Center, a joint project of Lowell National
Historical Park and Middlesex Community College, documents the life and
traditions of the people of New England.  An urban laboratory for creating
community-based projects, the New England Folklife Center collaborates with
local groups, cultural and social service agencies, individual scholars, and
schools.

The Folklife Center has significant archives of audio, visual and textual
field research.  We are seeking highly competent Information Science interns
to work with us in the reorganization of our archives.  Ideal candidates
must be computer literate and have knowledge of folklife studies, with
particular interest in Southeast Asian communities.  Knowledge of French,
Spanish or an Indochinese language is preferred, though not required.

For further information, contact:
Dr. Laurie Beth Kalb, Director
New England Folklife Center
Boott Mills Museum