Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 12:12:44 -0800
In article <v01530501addcb5a69733@[205.133.12.45]>, Sharyn Horowitz
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

"when I was a student, I couldn't afford to go to national conferences."

That's probably quite true. I'd like to note that the Association for
Living Historical Farms & Agricultural Museums offers a scholarship to its
annual national meeting. The next meeting will be in June 1997 at the
Museum of American Frontier Culture in Staunton, Virginia. (I will post an
address to get more information.) ALHFAM also offers many regional
meetings and some of them offer stipends as well. The next western
regional ALHFAM meeting will be in Glendale, Arizona in late February
1997. Three stipends will be offered.
If anyone would like more information on these stipends or ALHFAM in
general, e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

- Mary Ames B. Sheret
Southern Oregon Historical Society
ALFHAM Western Regional Representative

P.S. Perhaps others would like to post information on scholarships
available to students or musueum professionals to attend other meetings??
Could be quite helpful.