From:
Chris Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:43:31 -0400
Thanks. Pretty neat.

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/11/01 11:48AM >>>
Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The California Academy of Sciences, Department of Anthropology is
pleased to announce the availability of
our entire collection database on-line! The database contains over
18,000 records and 6,000 digital images. The
Web version will be updated on a monthly basis, including additional
images as they are processed. Besides making our
collection available to the public, this resource will help researchers
and other museums to browse our holdings and
complete initial queries prior to contacting the department for further
information. Research and exhibit loan requests are
always welcome. We hope you will find this resource useful. Feel free to
pass this notice on to other colleagues who
may be interested! If you have any questions or comments send them to
[log in to unmask] (Please excuse
any cross postings.)

You can access the database from our Department Home Page at:
http://www.calacademy.org/research/anthropology

Sincerely,

Dinah Crawford
Curatorial Assistant