From:
Gordon McKenna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:43:23 +0100
Apologies for cross-postings

MDA, the UK's lead organisation on the management of information
about collections, has signed a landmark Service Level Agreement with
the Scottish Museums Council (SMC) to provide support and advice for
museums throughout Scotland.

Under the terms of the Agreement, members of SMC are to be offered a
free Standard membership of MDA (normal price 40 UKP). This
membership will enable the museums to use MDA's telephone and email
advisory services, members-only online services, and to benefit from
discounts on publications, training and membership of affiliated
organisations.

In addition to the free membership, the Scottish Museums Council has
agreed to grant MDA a further subsidy to build capacity and services
which directly address the needs of Scottish museums.

Joanne Orr, SMC Director commented: "We are pleased to be continuing
our positive relationship with MDA by signing this agreement. It will
prove to be an important contribution to the ongoing implementation
of 'A national ICT strategy for Scotland's Museums', a key area of
our work."

Nick Poole, MDA Director, commented: "The signature of this Agreement
is an important step for MDA. Working in partnership with the
Scottish Museums Council, we can ensure that museums in Scotland have
access to timely, authoritative advice and support based on national
standards. At the same time, we can ensure that our future plans
reflect the needs and requirements of those museums and work to
address them."

The Scottish Museums Council is the lead representative and strategic
body for museums in Scotland.

MDA Standard membership offers museum staff throughout the UK low-
cost access to timely and authoritative information and advice. For
further information about the Standard scheme, and to complete an
online application, visit:

http://www.mda.org.uk/members.htm

 Gordon McKenna  e-mail: [log in to unmask]
 MDA
 The Spectrum Building,
 The Michael Young Centre,
 Purbeck Road
 Cambridge CB2 2PD, UK

 Tel:    +44 1223 415760
 Fax:    +44 1223 415960

Setting the standard for managing collections information