From:
Byron Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 21:50:41 -0500
At 06:59 PM 9/19/96 GMT, you wrote:
>We have a colt revolver in our collection and are trying to date it.
>We have serial number, etc.  Any suggestions
>
>Don Lemon
>Collections Curator
>Kings Landing Hisstorical Settlement

If you want to invest the funds, Colt will check their records and issue you
a factory letter detailing what they have been able to find. It isn't cheap,
but it does provide the final word. As Hank Burchard suggested, call the
factory in Hartford and request the appropriate request forms. They can also
tell you where it was shipped to and, if it was a special order, additional
details.

We'd be glad to chek our records if you would send a Polaroid and as much
ino as you have.

Byron Johnson, Director
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
P.O. Box 2570, Waco, Texas 76702-2570
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
"...Unless a people are educated and enlightened it is idle
to expect the continuance of civil liberty or the capacity
for self-government."
Texas Declaration of Independence,  March 2, 1836.