From:
John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:07:58 -0600
Chris,

I would have to recommend the Natural History Museum in Albuquerque. (Nothing
like a bit of shameless self-promotion).

In Albuquerque, the zoo is very good, and there is a new aquarium which is also
excellent. Since you are in the Old Town area anyway with the Natural History
Museum, it is worth your time to visit the Albuquerque Museum right across the
street. Great way to learn about the history, art, and culture of the area.

There are many good museums and galleries in Santa Fe. My personal favorite is
the International Folk Art Museum. Palace of the Governors on the Plaza is a
great place to learn about the history of the state, and the fine art museum
across the street has an excellent collection. There is also the new Georgia
O'Keefe museum in Santa Fe.

That should keep you busy and out of trouble while you are in New Mexico.

--john