From:
Hodcarry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 21:33:41 GMT
but on the catalog record level - we have about 10% of the items
cataloged (approx. 28,000 of 280,000+) in our collections management--This
 reply from Henry Ford Museum may be of unusual interest.  They have had great
 institutional changes in collections. Huge amounts of material have been
 disposed of in their recent history and a smaller volume in different areas
 added to the collection.
 Exhibits have also changed  from almost open storage such as well over a
 hundred vehicles lined up in rows to more typical exhibits with themes.  But
 some areas of the main exhibit hall have not been changed.