From:
"Mcdaid, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:06:39 -0000
ELECTRONIC VISUALISATION AND THE ARTS
EVA London 2011
Wednesday 6th - Friday 8th July 2011

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Deadline: 15th January 2011

www.eva-conferences.com/eva_london

*Visualising*
ideas and concepts in culture, heritage the arts and sciences: digital
arts, sound, music, film and animation, 2D and 3D imaging, European
projects, archaeology, architecture, social media for museums,
heritage and fine art photography, medical visualization and more

OFFERS OF PAPERS, DEMONSTRATIONS AND WORKSHOPS by 15th January 2011

We invite proposals of papers, demonstrations or short performances,
workshops or panel discussions. Demonstrations and performances will
be an important part of this year's conference. Only a summary of the
proposal on up to one page is required for selection. This must be
submitted electronically according to the instructions on the EVA
London website.

Proposals may be on any aspect of EVA London's focus on visualisation
for arts and culture, heritage and medical science, broadly
interpreted. We especially invite papers or presentations on the
newest and emerging technologies and applications. Papers are peer
reviewed and may be edited for publication as hard copy and online.
Other presentations may be published as summaries or as papers.

If your proposal is a case study, we will be looking for discussions
of wider principles or applications using the case study as an
example. A few bursaries for EVA London registration fees will again
be available if you don't have access to grants.

EVA London's Conference themes will particularly include new and
emerging technologies and applications, including but not limited to:

* Visualising ideas and concepts * Imaging and images in museums and
galleries * Digital performance * Music, sound, film and animation *
Medical humanities

* Reconstructive archaeology and architecture * Digital and
computational art and photography * Visualisation in museums, historic
sites and buildings * Immersive environments

* Technologies of digitization * 2D, 3D and high definition imaging *
Virtual and augmented worlds * Web 2.0 and 3.0 technologies in art and
culture * Digital visualization of performance and music

For further information see www.eva-conferences.com/eva_london

If this message has been forwarded to you and you would like to
receive EVA London announcements directly, please join our mail list.
We jealously protect this list and you will only receive EVA London
announcements - no other postings.
To join send an email to: [log in to unmask]
Leave the subject line blank
In the message type: SUBSCRIBE EVA-LONDON

EVA London 2011 will be co-sponsored by the Computer Arts Society, a
Special Interest Group of the British Computer Society, and by the
BCS.
Sarah McDaid
Visiting Research Fellow
Institute for Computing Research
Department of Informatics
Faculty of Business
London South Bank University
London UK

Email has been scanned for spam and viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service

The LSBU communications disclaimer can be found at  http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/ict/legal/