From:
tish morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:58:48 -0600
We have a meal, recently it has been a brunch or lunch.  Then we give
out awards for hours.  We have had special pins made for different
milestones of number of hours.  Ours are at 150 hours, 500 hours, 1000
hours, 1500, 2000, then by thousand hours. The 150 is an average
number of hours given in one year.  Generally there is some party
favor type of thing at each place, so everyone gets a little something
to take home, in addition to the award pins.  But they are low cost
items. There is also a big deal made of the staff serving the
volunteers--turning the tables, so-to-speak. Recognizing volunteers is
an important part of keeping dedicated volunteers.

Tish Morris
New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science