From:
Pamela Feltus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 16:30:29 -0500
My company, The History Factory, has organized exhibitions and museums for many companies such as Shell Oil, Sears, Teneco Oil,  Pinehurst Resort and Country Club, GATX, Subaru, American College of Radiology and others.  There is information on our services as well as case studies on some
projects on our website at www.historyfact.com.

I have found that corporate exhibitions/ museums are quite different than standard museums. The message or purpose is much stronger, as the goal is normally some sort of corporate propaganda. The audiences are better defined. If anyone wants more information or has questions, I would be more
than happy to help- and if I can not help, I can put you in touch with our founder and CEO Bruce Weindruch.

I too would be interested in any professional groups for corporate museums and curators- I know of academic and archival groups, but none with the public history bent. If there is a group of people who would like to begin a group, I would be happy to help organize it.

Pamela Feltus
Historian
The History Factory

Amanda Kraus wrote:

> I'm curious to know if anyone is writing about or collecting information on
> corporate museums. Does anyone have a working list of company museums or
> know of helpful resources on this topic?
>
> --Amanda Kraus
> Associate Editor, Museum News

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ museum-l.html. You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).

> [log in to unmask] The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).