From:
Doug Powles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:25:32 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 9:26:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< At the National Model Aviation Museum we have a lot of model aircraft
 suspended from the ceiling on monofiliment line.  As the new curator I am
 somewhat concerned about the aging properties of the line as some of the
 aircraft are heavy.  We have used various lines, from 20 to 50 lb. in
 strength.  Any information would be of considerable help.

Degradation of monofilament line is mainly caused by UV rays. Otherwise, other
than stretching, should last many years
Doug Powles